Wednesday, 27 January 2016
Before I begin I would like to state that this is in no way a paid promotion by the company this is simply me telling you about an independent online retailer I think you should check out.
If you are like me you will love movie merchandise, and whilst it is incredibly easy to grab a Tshirt showing your appreciation for nearly every superhero under the sun it's not so easy to grab a garment emblazoned with your favourite horror movie poster design or featuring some obscure foreign version of movie promotion. Finally there is somewhere to design a custom Tshirt showing your love for horror classics such as A Nightmare On Elm Street or B Movie cult movies such as Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
The Rabbit In Red Lounge is a fantastic place in which to find a massive selection of Tshirts from the world of horror , science fiction, cult and b movie as well as a new Kung fu section. I happened to stumble upon this website when I was looking to find a way in which to buy some horror movie Tshirts. I followed a link from Google and spent the next hour scrolling through the countless designs featured on the website. Ever since that day I am a convert to these one of a kind, hand made garments. I have bought 10 different items from the website and I will be honest and say that every single shirt or jumper I have received from The Rabbit In Red Lounge. The level of service is fantastic, as the product you are buying is one of a kind your new shirt may take a month or so to arrive, but that is because every single one is hand made by one person. A month may seem like a long wait, however the finished product is well worth the wait. Once you pick your design you are free to customise your order. This includes choosing the colour of the garment and the style of aging you want the design to look like. There are numerous different clothing types to choose from including both short and long sleeve Tshirt as well as sweatshirt and even numerous styles for female fans. Once your item arrives there is a care guide that advises you to wash at 30 degrees and without any harsh chemicals. I would strongly advise to follow this as I have wrecked a couple of my favourite shirts by accidentally putting them in with a conventional wash. If you sign up to the mailing list for the website you will receive updates on any new activity in the store including sales and new designs being added. Postage costs are very reasonable, for example postage for a single shirt within the UK is a bargain price of £2.50. International postage is offered and you can pay using the usual methods.
I cannot recommend The Rabbit In Red Lounge enough, but me telling you isn't enough. Click the link in this article and see for yourself.
Thanks for reading the 3rd installment of Shameless Promotion. If you have any suggestions for future posts or feel like I should talk about you next contact me through one of the numerous social networking platforms I use.
Monday, 10 August 2015
This is a feature that I have done before, and will be a continuing feature on this blog. Shameless promotion will be a feature that I will use to promote a film, film maker, musical artist, website, blog, podcast, restaurant or app that I think you should check out.
This installment of Shameless Promotion is about an up and coming music artist by the name of Raleigh Ritchie. Whilst Raleigh Ritchie (Real name Jacob Anderson) might not be a household name yet, I predict huge things for this multi talented singer songwriter/ actor from Bristol. Raleigh Ritchie has already appeared in acclaimed ITV drama "Broadchurch" as well as BBC comedy "Episodes, however he is probably best known for his portrayal of Grey Worm in the hugely sucessful "Game Of Thrones.
Raleigh Ritchies musical career began with an appearance on a track with Plan B for the soundtrack to british film "Adulthood", in which he also appears. Ritchie then signed to Columbia Records where he released a 3 track EP "The Middle Child" in 2013 and then a second EP "Black and Blue" in early 2014. Raleigh Ritchies track "Bloodsport" was released and this is where I first heard any of his work. Check out a reworked version here:
Sunday, 29 March 2015
Wrestlemania 31 is tonight and apart from that fact I'm no longer bound to watching the event through Sky Box Office and paying an arm and a leg for it, I am beyond excited for the event because of the pretty decent card. Here are my predictions for the event.
1. Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE tag team title: Tyson Kidd and Cesaro Vs The New Day Vs Los Matadores Vs The Usos. I think Tyson Kidd and Cesaro will win this match. I'm really dissapointed that this match has been relegated to the pre show as this would have been a great display of the up and coming talent that include, in my opinion, future WWE champions such as Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. Expect high flying, fast paced action from this one.
2. The Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Again quite dissapointed that this has been moved to the pre show, however I understand that not everyone can make it onto the actual Wrestlemania 4 hour event. I'm not too sure who will win this. WWE has been pushing Miz, Mizdow and Curtis Axel leading up to Wrestlemania. I have a sneeking suspicion that one of the aforementioned men will win, but don't count out old faithfuls such as Big Show or Kane.
3. Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title: Bad News Barrett Vs R-Truth Vs Dean Ambrose Vs Luke Harper Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs Stardust Vs Daniel Bryan. This is one of the matches I'm looking forward to most. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the WWE will do with the Intercontinental Title. The smart money is on Daniel Bryan taking the belt home. A high profile face to go with the IC championship is just what the WWE needs and Bryan could provide that. I would like to see the likes of Ziggler or Barrett finally getting the recognition they deserve, but I doubt that will happen at such a high profile event.
4. WWE US Title Match: Rusev Vs John Cena. This is the second part of the WWEs plan to make the other singles title belts more high profile. This match is the prototypical Good USA vs Bad foreigner that was incredibley popular in the 80s and 90s, however it doesn't really excite me a great deal. I expect Cena to win the match and sell a tonne more t shirts.
5. Randy Orton Vs Seth Rollins. Another match on the card that I am excited to watch. There is a reason Seth Rollins is being touted as the future of the WWE and all you need to do is watch his matches with Cena and Lesnar at the Royal Rumble and his series against Dean Ambrose. He is a gifted athelete that seems more than dedicated to taking the WWE to a new level of popularity. Don't discount Randy Orton though. I expect this to be a great back and forth that would have been an entertaining WWE title match and could be for the future.
6. Paige and AJ Lee Vs The Bella Twins. Unfortunatley this match will be nothing but filler for the live crowd to go to the toilet or buy another hideous Cena t shirt, which is a shame because all four have proven to be more than decent in the ring. I expect nothing more than a Bella win.
7. Bray Wyatt Vs The Undertaker. If last year was all about pushing Brock Lesnar into the spot for unbeatable champion this years installment of The Undertaker saga will be about passing the torch to Bray Wyatt with regards to being the dark, mystical character for the future of the WWE. I doubt that Wyatt will actually win the match, however I expect it to be a great back and forth with plenty of high spots. I will be surprised to the Taker get Wyatt up for a tombstone.
8. Sting Vs Triple H. The match that nobody ever expected to see will happen tonight. I'm disspointed that this match hasn't happened earlier as both men are far from their prime. This doesnt mean that either has lost a step. The only concern is that Sting might encounter a little ring rust. I would have liked to see Stinger take on The Undertaker, but I think this match will a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch. The child inside me would like to see Sting win the match, but I think Triple H might add another high profile scalp to his collection.
9. WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Brock Lesnar Vs Roman Reigns. I don't really know what to make of this match. I'm not the biggest Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar so either way I'm not too bothered who holds the WWE Heavyweight Championship. This could go one of two ways; either an unexpected high point of Wrestlemania or a car crash of a match. I can't really decide what will happen. I still think putting the belt on Reigns would be a bit of a mistake so mabey Lesnar winning would the better of the best of a bad bunch. I think this might be the night that Rollins cashes in and becomes the WWE Heavyweight Champion and will lead us to a number of possibilities for future pay per view events.
Saturday, 14 March 2015
Last night in the UK there was the biannual Comic Relief night. I just thought I would post this hillarious clip featuring Daniel Craig and some other familiar faces involved with James Bond. Below is part of the video as the full sketch isn't available:
Friday, 13 March 2015
Please note: This review will NOT contain spoilers
This will be the first post of many in the "reboot" of this blog.
I felt that I really needed to review It Follows. I cannot explain how much I enjoyed this film. It Follows is a clear homage to the 70s and 80s films that utilise the fear of the unknown. The story follows Jay as she begins to regret sleeping with a mysterious new boy in her life. After a terrible ordeal Jay is informed that she will begin to be followed by something that changes form. What comes next is an hour or so of the most claustrophobic, slightly terrifying cinema I have seen in a long time.
The premise of the film is slightly ridiculous, a thing follows you after you sleep with someone and the only way to stop it is by sleeping with someone who will then begin to be followed by said thing. Despite this the film is fantastic. I do have an issue though, whilst it's not a major issue. The audience are never really told what time period the film takes place in. The feel, soundtrack and the costume design for the film would suggest that the film take place in the late 70s or 1980s. There are never any real hints but thIs a minor gripe for an otherwise great film.
Maika Monroe is incredible. I must admit part of the reason I went to see It Follows because I was such a fan of Monroe in The Guest. Her performance as Jay is the complete opposite as this time she plays the vulnerable victim as opposed to the strong headed cynic Anna Peterson that she played in The Guest. I look forward to seeing what comes next from this promising actress.
The style of the film, as I have said previously, harks back to the style that was popular in lower budget horror films. The tension in scenes was built by claustrophobic camera shots and essentially ominous tones that build to an almost deafening point rather than guts, gore and special effects. I love that fact that the only monster or antagonist in this film is someone that follows you. It taps into the fear that most people have; being followed, stalked for no reason other than you are makes you feel uneasy and scared. I have to admit that I felt uneasy and uncomfortable in parts.
Overall I really enjoyed It Follows. The idea is in theory something that is completely ridiculous and shouldn't be able to hold an audiences attention for more than 5 minute, however it really works. Although I felt uneasy and a little terrified in parts I cannot suggest this film to horror fans enough.
Monday, 12 May 2014
Snowpiercer is an upcoming film starring Captain American himself, Chris Evans, John Hurt and Jamie Bell based on a French graphic novel entitled La Transperceneige. Set in the future where an experiment to reverse the effects of global warming goes horribly wrong plunging the world into a new ice age, the only survivors remain on a train that is in perpetual motion. on board the train civil war breaks out with Chris Evans leading the revolt. Check out the trailer below: