Wrestlemania 31 is tonight and apart from that fact I'm no longer bound to watching the event through Sky Box Office and paying an arm and a leg for it, I am beyond excited for the event because of the pretty decent card. Here are my predictions for the event.
1. Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE tag team title: Tyson Kidd and Cesaro Vs The New Day Vs Los Matadores Vs The Usos. I think Tyson Kidd and Cesaro will win this match. I'm really dissapointed that this match has been relegated to the pre show as this would have been a great display of the up and coming talent that include, in my opinion, future WWE champions such as Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. Expect high flying, fast paced action from this one.
2. The Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Again quite dissapointed that this has been moved to the pre show, however I understand that not everyone can make it onto the actual Wrestlemania 4 hour event. I'm not too sure who will win this. WWE has been pushing Miz, Mizdow and Curtis Axel leading up to Wrestlemania. I have a sneeking suspicion that one of the aforementioned men will win, but don't count out old faithfuls such as Big Show or Kane.
3. Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title: Bad News Barrett Vs R-Truth Vs Dean Ambrose Vs Luke Harper Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs Stardust Vs Daniel Bryan. This is one of the matches I'm looking forward to most. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the WWE will do with the Intercontinental Title. The smart money is on Daniel Bryan taking the belt home. A high profile face to go with the IC championship is just what the WWE needs and Bryan could provide that. I would like to see the likes of Ziggler or Barrett finally getting the recognition they deserve, but I doubt that will happen at such a high profile event.
4. WWE US Title Match: Rusev Vs John Cena. This is the second part of the WWEs plan to make the other singles title belts more high profile. This match is the prototypical Good USA vs Bad foreigner that was incredibley popular in the 80s and 90s, however it doesn't really excite me a great deal. I expect Cena to win the match and sell a tonne more t shirts.
5. Randy Orton Vs Seth Rollins. Another match on the card that I am excited to watch. There is a reason Seth Rollins is being touted as the future of the WWE and all you need to do is watch his matches with Cena and Lesnar at the Royal Rumble and his series against Dean Ambrose. He is a gifted athelete that seems more than dedicated to taking the WWE to a new level of popularity. Don't discount Randy Orton though. I expect this to be a great back and forth that would have been an entertaining WWE title match and could be for the future.
6. Paige and AJ Lee Vs The Bella Twins. Unfortunatley this match will be nothing but filler for the live crowd to go to the toilet or buy another hideous Cena t shirt, which is a shame because all four have proven to be more than decent in the ring. I expect nothing more than a Bella win.
7. Bray Wyatt Vs The Undertaker. If last year was all about pushing Brock Lesnar into the spot for unbeatable champion this years installment of The Undertaker saga will be about passing the torch to Bray Wyatt with regards to being the dark, mystical character for the future of the WWE. I doubt that Wyatt will actually win the match, however I expect it to be a great back and forth with plenty of high spots. I will be surprised to the Taker get Wyatt up for a tombstone.
8. Sting Vs Triple H. The match that nobody ever expected to see will happen tonight. I'm disspointed that this match hasn't happened earlier as both men are far from their prime. This doesnt mean that either has lost a step. The only concern is that Sting might encounter a little ring rust. I would have liked to see Stinger take on The Undertaker, but I think this match will a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch. The child inside me would like to see Sting win the match, but I think Triple H might add another high profile scalp to his collection.
9. WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Brock Lesnar Vs Roman Reigns. I don't really know what to make of this match. I'm not the biggest Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar so either way I'm not too bothered who holds the WWE Heavyweight Championship. This could go one of two ways; either an unexpected high point of Wrestlemania or a car crash of a match. I can't really decide what will happen. I still think putting the belt on Reigns would be a bit of a mistake so mabey Lesnar winning would the better of the best of a bad bunch. I think this might be the night that Rollins cashes in and becomes the WWE Heavyweight Champion and will lead us to a number of possibilities for future pay per view events.